Everyone loves a parade, right? A parade that floats…even better! In Tempe, we invite the community to take part in holiday cheer by gathering on the shores of Tempe Town Lake to watch a procession of festively decorated boats of all shapes and sizes.
The 19th Annual Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade takes place on Saturday, December 9th. The parade is once again sponsored by SRP.
The floating units enter Tempe Town Lake at the Tempe Town Lake Marina and make their way to the north shore. The U-shaped parade route travels west to the buoys east of Tempe Center for the Arts, where they begin to make their way back east on Tempe Town Lake along the north shore. To get to the parade, check out Tempe Beach Park's location, know where to park or explore public transit options.
4p | Tempe Beach Park
- Entertainment – Enjoy live music from local artists, Cesar Chavez Choir, Trevor Browne Dance Team, Joey Unami, and 76th Street!
- Holiday Shopping – Eat, drink and shop local handmade goods from various 6th Street Market vendors!
- Give Back – Bring an unopened jar of peanut butter to donate to the United Food Bank’s Peanut Butter Drive – just drop your jar off at one of the donation receptacles in Tempe Beach Park!
7p | Parade Begins on Tempe Town Lake
8p | Tempe Beach Park
- Fireworks - Celebrate the holiday season with a big bang...and lots of "aahhhhs"!
- Santa Claus – Bring your cameras and snap your holiday pics in Santa’s tent!
- Entertainment – Enjoy more live music from local artists, 2Tone Lizard Kings!
- Holiday Shopping – Continue to eat, drink and shop local handmade goods from various 6th Street Market vendors!
- Give Back – Here's your last chance to donate to the United Food Bank’s Peanut Butter Drive – just drop your jar off at one of the donation receptacles in Tempe Beach Park!
9p | Event Concludes
Make Downtown Tempe your Home for the Holidays this season!